Who are The&Partnership?
At The&Partnership, we bring ideas and technology together to power brands and businesses. As one of the world’s fastest-growing independent agency networks, we are increasingly known for developing bespoke new agency solutions for clients across the globe.
We call this the &Model and the premise is very simple. Agency Creative, Strategy, Media, PR and Data/CRM, all working side by side, solving problems as one collaborative team with the client.
A rapidly changing market requires a radical new approach to marketing. We work alongside our clients’ marketing departments – often with other agency partners – in new, nimble ways to deliver highly creative, data-driven work quickly and efficiently.
Backed by the might of WPP and GroupM, we’ve seen record growth over the past two years – expanding across 17 new markets and doubling in size against a challenging industry backdrop.
Our ambition is to be the most important place in our people’s careers, and with a model that sees some teams embedded with clients, others ‘beside clients’ or in one of our head offices, there are plenty of opportunities for variety and stretch.
Over the years, we’ve learnt that these values are what set us apart and keep us fresh:
- It’s not who you are it’s what you bring
- WE is always stronger than ME
- Don’t stay put, stay curious
- Never stop asking, ‘and?’
About the Role:
Brand Planner is a critical role in the strategy team and the agency. You will act as the day-to-day strategic practitioner for two or more of The&Partnership’s clients, working with them and internal teams to develop and execute brave ideas that move their business forward. You will also have the opportunity to act as the strategic leader for clients or projects. This role will report to the North America Creative Strategy Lead in The&Partnership's New York office.
The&Partnership has been at the forefront of re-integrating creative and media and as a result, our team model and strategic process is unique. Our philosophy is all about empowering values-driven brands to precisely connect with values-defined communities in order to build their business. We do this with a unique team model that brings brand planning, audience planning and media activation planning into one team all working together off a consistent set of data that informs everything from brand strategy, big idea development, customer experience and media activation.
Brand Planners act as a critical driver and practitioner in this model. They work with their peers to uncover instrumental insight, craft strategic recommendations and work collaboratively with creative teams to bring them to life.
What You Bring:
- You have 3-5 years experience working in roles that focus on brand and/or creative strategy.
- You are a lover of brands, culture, people and creativity.
- You have a strong understanding of social best practice & on top of the latest social media trends
- You have a demonstrated passion in harnessing the power of data to develop brave ideas.
- You are a natural collaborator and care as much about the rest of the team’s work as their own craft.
- You have a burning curiosity to experiment, play, and come up with new ways of doing things, and will be just as obsessed with the creative output as they are with the strategic or analytical output.
What You'll Do:
- Act as the day-to-day strategy practitioner for two or more of The&Partnership’s key clients
- Work directly with the Strategy Lead, strategy directors and clients to identify business challenges/opportunities, and the right way to address them
- Drive the strategic process internally - collaborating with and mentoring other brand planners, audience planners and activation planners
- Push the strategic craft in the agency, and constantly look to do things in better ways
- Be a critical collaborator with the creative teams - inspiring them and constantly helping to elevate the craft
- Collaborate with our strategy group colleagues across the globe. *Though this role will be focused on North America, it will also be integral to the wider The&Partnership Group network
T&P is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer:
- A comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan, doe,
- Flexibility: we’re fully committed to hybrid working and have a $1k “work from anywhere” travel allowance program
- 401(k)matching up to 4% of your salary after 6 months of service (fully vested)
- A generous PTO policy which includes a week off for holiday break in December
- A mac laptop for your use in-office/remotely
WPP is strongly committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace environment. We’re an equal opportunity employer—we’ll consider all qualified applicants for this position without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The pay range for this role is $75,000-$90,000 . Individual compensation will be commensurate with the candidate's experience and local cost of labor. Salary is subject to change based on factors such as geographic location and cost of living in location of hire.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States