Who Are We?
The&Partnership Group is the world’s only truly full-service independent agency network, combining the energy and agility of a partner-owned business with the scale and strength of an alliance with WPP and GroupM.
As our name suggests, our ethos centres on The Power of &, which means bringing diverse talent together to transform the way great brands are built. We do this not just through integration, but through ‘&mplified Creativity’. By hand-picking creative, media, experience and technology specialists from our marketing practices, we build customised, dedicated &Model teams. These work alongside our clients’ marketing departments to solve their business and brand challenges seamlessly, creatively and efficiently.
We are our people. They’re the most important part of our business, so we want to make a lasting impression on them in the same way they do on us, by being the most important place in their careers. That’s why we do our best to build strong communities around them, give them the opportunities they crave, and empower them to make a difference to their clients and the world at large they can be proud of. Our strengths often lie in our differences, so we challenge and champion each other and our clients, to be the very best we can be.
The&Partnership and BAT
In September 2020 The&Partnership was appointed to build a global in-house content agency for BAT’s new category products (Velo, glo and Vuse). The appointment was driven by BAT’s desire for a new global digital partner to help them transform how they produce digital content to support the global growth of new category brands. This lead to the creation of Beat.
Starting with a Global Studio based in London with a 35 person team along a global expansion which has led to the creation of 4 local Studios in Japan (Tokyo) with a 23 person team, Italy (Rome) with a 7 person team, UK (London )with a 22 person team and Poland (Warsaw with a 8 person team). With our growth, we have been able to produce over 6000 assets in 2022 and over 4000 in 2023 so far.
Beat are responsible for the end-to-end content framework, from setting digital strategies across social, CRM and web to content creation and global delivery. Our Local Content Studios are fast moving ‘marketing newsrooms’ building and adapting banks of creative assets, that are created, distributed, measured and improved in real time. The content produced is for products that offer customers a greater choice of more enjoyable, less risky products and not for traditional cigarettes. The agency are playing a pivotal role in accelerating the growth of these new categories which reduce the health impact of the BAT business. Since the start we have seen our scope and deliverables continue to drive the new category products through activation and partnerships which means our studios are all providing a full service / e2e.
We are looking for an ambitious Senior Strategist to join our team. The successful candidate will take the lead on campaign strategy as well as content planning, implementation, and reporting. They will work closely with the wider strategy, account, and creative teams to ensure we are delivering best-in-class social media marketing and content plans, helping to create campaigns that standout for our clients. Whilst their executional focus should be on social media, they should be an integrated thinker, well versed in the strategic discipline of Account Planning, who puts the consumer at the heart of everything they do. The work we produce ends up being implemented in organic social, paid social, digital display, eCRM and in onsite banners.
The role will suit somebody with social media management, editorial, and campaign planning experience who is looking to develop their own skills and experience whilst working with a team of digital and social specialists at a leading creative agency.
- Creating and implementing content and campaign strategies.
- Originating content messaging and plans from strategy to execution.
- Writing precise asset briefs for designers and copywriters, bringing your knowledge of platform techniques to ensure fit-for-social content.
- Working closely with day-today clients to react and respond to comments, questions, and opportunities in social media channels.
- Producing reports on effectiveness of our social media activity to recommend areas for change and improvement.
- Bring your passion for and knowledge of social media marketing to support the wider strategy team and agency with ideas, expertise and guidance.
Skills and Experience Required
- Innate understanding of the strategic process.
- In-depth knowledge of how to use social media platforms with proven ability to plan and create impactful campaigns in social media.
- A genuine interest in the role of social media in the marketing mix, and a detailed knowledge of how these channels can be used to deliver against a range of marketing objectives from recruitment to sales to customer service.
- Ability to build a cross-channel plan, showing how assets can be adapted for each, including eCRM journeys.
- Comfortable with numbers as well as words – able to produce monthly reports on impact and to describe this performance to clients. An experience of using social media insight tools and platforms is essential (e.g. Facebook insights, Google Analytics).
- Ability to write inspiring, single minded creative briefs independently.
- Can construct a persuasive argument in writing or via a presentation, setting out a brief’s context and building a logical narrative to help sell our work to clients.
- Confidence when presenting strategic and creative responses to clients.
- Social/Digital platform analysis.
- Social Listening for insight gathering and campaign evaluation (e.g. via Crimson Hexagon or Sprinklr)
- A good understanding of research and insight gathering methods (e.g. primary, secondary, quant, qual).
- Able to juggle a busy workload with multiple moving parts.
- Familiar with all the latest social developments and changes, with a clear opinion on how social fits into wider consumer experience and touch points
- Experience of another highly regulated sector such as Pharma or Alcohol would be helpful but not mandatory – or at the very least a point of view on the challenges facing our clients and how to overcome them in the modern digital comms landscape.
- Collaborative team player, open minded, transparent and non-political.
- Relentlessly curious about people, technology, brands, design and business.
- Self-starting, proactive and prepared to put in the hard yards to deliver excellent creative output.
- Able to balance a strong point of view with an ability to listen, learn and adapt.
- Energised by doing the right thing for our clients; solution and results focused.
- Positive, enthusiastic, unflappable.
- Strong motivation and drive to succeed.
The&Partnership embraces and celebrates diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide creative agency that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more brilliant work we can create together.